Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 in review, 2010 plans so far…

I decided to sum up my top 10 movies from 2009. The list is only movies I have seen, and I am going to put them in alphabetical order, because putting them in an actual top 10 is daunting. I saw 43 of the movies that came out last year. That’s out of at least 200. And as some people have pointed out to me, I have had mostly a positive reaction to the movies I saw in 2009. So, I am going to try my hardest to pick out the movies I actually liked the MOST. Sigh…

Adventureland:
Really good story. Funny in a lot of parts, but the best stuff was the acting hands down.

Away We Go:
I thought this movie would be way more popular. Me and the other elitists are going to go hang out at Starbucks and talk about how great this movie was. This movie is another super funny, great acted film.

Coraline:
Saw this 3 times, and I’ll admit, I had to warm up to this one. At this point I am sold on it for sure, and I recommend it to all you Nightmare Before Christmas fans. I think it’s pretty great.

Fantastic Mr. Fox:
Didn’t I tell you people to go see this movie? I still smile thinking about it. I cannot wait for it to come out on DVD. It is most definitely going in my collection.

The Hurt Locker:
Brilliant, bloody brilliant, I cannot say it enough. I regret having only seen this the one time in theaters because I am dying to watch it again now. It is a thrilling piece about the psychology of warfare. Wait, the makes it sound boring. It’s not. Trust me please.

I Love You, Man:
I loved this movie. Sarah and I were laughing so hard while watching it. I can’t believe no one seems to like it!

Inglourious Basterds:
This is my #1 movie of last year. I saw it twice in the theater, and if I could have I would have been in there every day grinning from ear to ear. Tarantino’s dialogue and direction is absolutely BRILLIANT. I am almost sure I like this movie better then Pulp Fiction… I have to think on it more.

Star Trek:
This is just a really great Sci Fi/Adventure/Action movie. I don’t think I need to say much about it.

Surrogates:
Panned by most everyone I know, I still remember how much I liked this movie. It was a really cool piece of sci-fi goodness. Please don’t yell at me!

Up:
Just a really well done adventure story. Pixar almost never disappoints.

Honorable Mentions:
(500) Days of Summer
Invictus
Observe and Report
Public Enemies
Taken

So I would love to hear some of my few readers lists, and of course their disagreements. You can either post it here on the blog site or I have a new email address which I will list on the bottom for comments and suggestions.

Now, 2010. I am going to do a side project I am calling “The John Malkovich Project”. I have seen many John Malkovich movies, and for the life of me, I still do not understand why the man is such a celebrated actor. He seems to play the same person in every film he is in. So, weekly, I will watch one of his movies, starting from the beginning and movie up his filmography list. I intend to find out why you all love this man. His secrets will be mine!

Hope everyone had a great new year’s eve.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I forgot the email. It's JDTMovies@gmail.com. Please write to me about your hopes and dreams and how much you hate the Karate Kid remake.

    ReplyDelete