Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Review: G-Force

Sorry this is so late. I hit a snag in my movie reviewing schedule. You know, the oversleeping snag. For a week.

Synopsis: A group of elite guinea pigs finds them selves cut off from their federal funding and forced to be on the run. Also there some take over/destroy the world plots going on.

Stars: Bill Nighy, Will Arnett, Zack Galifianakis, Kelli Garner, Nicolas Cage, Sam Rockwell, John Favreau, Penelope Cruz, Tracy Morgan, Steve Bucemi

Let’s see, out of the movies that came out this week (The Ugly Truth, G-Force, Orphan) this was the only movie I thought I would get even the slightest kick out of. I was wrong, as I liked The Ugly Truth. I was not wrong about this film though. I got quite a few kicks out of it. It’s safe to say that if you have children and are going to take them to see this movie, then do not be afraid. I have a feeling you will also enjoy what is happening up on the big screen too.

Things I Liked:
Goofy, fun humor- I really doubt there will be too many things to go over a kid’s head in this movie. It had a good mixture of fun kid sight gags and dialog to make me smile almost the whole movie. They made a few references to other movies that actually made me laugh out loud. Kudos to the flick.

Soundtrack- Amazing. Not the music, it was good, not amazing. What is amazing is that they managed to make a “live” action Disney movie where I didn’t want to strangle whoever was in charge of the soundtrack. All the music was right in the right place. Nice work on that.

Things I Didn’t Like/Hated:
Not a thing really. If I were to be ultra-nitpicker, I guess I would say that the story wasn’t that cohesive. But you know what? It was a movie for kids.

Verdict:
I will give this movie 4 out of 5. It’s not something to be rushed out and seen by everyone or anything like that. It is pretty entertaining though. Take the kids and enjoy yourself. I mean, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment