Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mini-Review: Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Synopsis: Sid steals some eggs. Eggs hatch Dinos. Dinos come from crazy dino filled land found under the ice. AHHH OHHH EEEEEE! Oh yeah, and the female mammoth is pregnant.

Stars: Denis Leary, Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Queen Latifah, Simon Pegg

This is a mini review, so I won’t be going through my likes and dislikes. But why Joel? Didn’t you see this movie twice and therefore should be somewhat of an expert on the film? Well, kind of. I did see the movie two times, but not because I am a lover of all things Ice Age (Although I did like the first one). My brother and his horde of children came to visit our humble home here from Utah, and being the fun uncle, I had to entertain the kids somehow. So I took a few of them to see the new Ice Age, and then alter took a few more. Both times, I was not really watching the movie. The thing is with children at hand, I was not worried about what I was missing on screen, I was worried about what I might be missing in the seats. Gabriel having to go to the bathroom. Mia spilling the popcorn and Sam spilling the drink. Ethan devouring a hot dog in 3 seconds flat. I miss those kids a lot already and they haven’t even been out of my hair that long. But I see I got a request on behalf of my nephews that I review the movie, so in that respect, THIS ONE’S FOR THE CHILDREN.

I was disappointed by the movie. Not really, I didn’t have high expectations for it really. I don’t like Ray Romano, he is just not funny to me. I do like Denis Lear and John Leguizamo, but they really didn’t have anything to funny going on here minus a few scenes. As far as I’m concerned, Simon Pegg as Buck stile the show. His character was hilarious almost 100% of the time he was on screen. And a still love that squirrel thing Scrat even if everyone else is tired of him. He had quite a few funny scenes and that song where he dumps the acorn had me smiling both times I saw it.

Verdict:
Not a very good movie really. Kind of boring most of the time. I think the kids really liked it, but I could be wrong about that too. I should have asked them. It’s a rental movie at best.
Sam, Ethan, and Gabriel, remember the rule. No one can pick your seat but you… at the movie theater.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm so glad it was you at the theater and not me. Try living with them and having them spill food and drinks in the house, go to the bathroom every 5 minutes (usually making it to the toilet), and being in the fridge or pantry every 10 minutes gobbling everything in sight. Oh how I love them.

    ReplyDelete